INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Should it become necessary to close school by reason of weather or other emergencies, all events at the school, including Extended Care and evening activities are cancelled. Should unfavorable weather occur during the time school is in session, the regular dismissal time will be observed. However, students will be released to parent/guardians who wish to pick up their student(s).
Please refrain from calling the school or parish office to inquire about closings. You may learn about school closing the following ways:
1) We use an automated telephone broadcasting system to communicate School Closings to you. For snow days, the call will be launched between 5:30 - 6:30 a.m., or the night before if we know ahead of time. The Caller ID will display 816-436-1009, which is the main number for St. Charles Borromeo Academy. To receive the automated message, a phone must either be answered by a human voice or by a greeting on the receiving phone made by a human voice. The automated system will not deliver a message to an electronic voice.
2) A text message will be delivered to all mobile phones that have accepted the messaging option.
3) An email will be delivered to all addresses in Sycamore.
4) The school website will be updated.
5) School closing will be announced as "St. Charles Borromeo Academy" on the following television stations:
- KSHB 41